If you’re like most companies, you’re looking for an easy way to turn leads into sales. In order to do that as efficiently as possible, you’ll have to find an automated way to nurture your leads from visitor to customer. How do you do that? We’re glad you asked. You create a lead-generating PDF for your homepage, and then attach a 5-part email sales campaign to it.
The Lead Generating PDF
Chances are, you’ve had plenty of visitors come to your website. Unfortunately, most of them weren’t ready to buy. If when they came to your site, you didn’t offer a valuable piece of content in exchange for their email, you lost them. The key here is to ask, “What piece of content would my audience exchange their email for?”. If you’re a dentist, you might say, “The 5 Mistakes Most People Make When Taking Care of Their Teeth”. Who wouldn’t want to read that?
Once you have created a lead-generating PDF title, write and design the PDF! After that, you’ll be ready to create the 5-part email campaign that begins once your website visitor downloads the PDF.
Writing The 5-Part Email Sales Campaign
Writing the 5-part email sales campaign that attaches to the PDF is crucial. It’s how you turn any website lead into a customer. Here is the email formula we follow to ensure that your audience's objections are overcome, and that the campaign creates new business:
- Email 1: Delivery of Asset (Thank you for downloading the PDF!)
- Email 2: The Problem Your Customer Has + The Solution You Offer
- Email 3: Testimonial of You Solving The Problem You Solve
- Email 4: Overcome Your Audience’s Biggest Objection for Doing Business With You
- Email 5: Sales Letter that Asks for The Sale
All of these emails will include a call to action that encourages them to get their problem solved (aka do business with you). They admitted they had the problem you solved when they downloaded the lead-generating PDF. This should free you up to write your emails in such a way that they overcome their problem and get what they want by purchasing your solution.
Our biggest tip when you write these emails? Be human! You want your lead to feel like they’re talking to the most empathetic and authentic person at your company.
The Biggest Mistakes In Email Sales Campaigns
You want to make sure to avoid the following mistakes when you launch your 5-part email sales campaign that turns leads into customers:
- Writing emails that are all about your company. Instead, make it about the lead. Structure the emails in a way that your customer overcomes their problem and gets what they want.
- Writing emails that aren’t empathetic. Say, “We know how it feels to,” or, “We understand that”... Empathy is how your lead learns they can trust you.
- Writing emails that don’t show authority/competency in solving their problem. You can overcome this with testimonials and stories of customer success.
Setting Up The Email Sales Campaign
After you have written the five sales emails, you’ll be ready to upload them into your CRM. Likely, your CRM has capabilities that allow you to automate these emails (so you don’t have to send them out manually). We recommend setting up the triggers on these emails so that they go out to your lead every 3-4 days. This will keep them engaged in their journey to overcome the problem they have with your solution.
Without a 5-part sales email campaign that’s attached to a lead-generating PDF, most leads won’t become customers. You can of course avoid this by creating the PDF and email sales campaign your audience needs to turn a lead into a sale. Your audience may not be exactly sure how you could transform their life with your solution. With the email sales campaign, you’ll be able to show them. Then, when it’s time to buy, they’ll be ready.